Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Hillary Clinton: I'm No Marie Antoinette - Oh Really?
2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton said Monday that people who compare her to Marie Antoinette - the famous French royal who was beheaded, according to folklore, after telling her subjects, "Let them eat cake" - have got it all wrong. Oh really?
This would be funny if it was not so bloody sad. Are you kidding me? I know I'm going to mix metaphors and smilies here, but for God's sake, HRC is a metaphoric Marie Antoinette. Let's just skim down the list of cake eating items while HRC reigned along with her husband. This is just a sample list that came from the liberal Progressive Review and here:
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates.
▪ Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation.
▪ Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify.
▪ Most number of witnesses to die suddenly.
▪ First president sued for sexual harassment.
▪ First president accused of rape.
▪ First president to be held in contempt of court.
▪ First president to be impeached for personal malfeasance.
▪ First first lady to come under criminal investigation.
▪ Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign-contribution case.
▪ Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions.
▪ Number of Starr-Ray investigation convictions or guilty pleas to date: one governor, one associate attorney general and two Clinton business partners: 14.
▪ Number of Cabinet members who came under criminal investigation: 5.
▪ Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine that were convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47.
▪ Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33.
▪ Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61.
▪ Number of congressional witnesses who pleaded the Fifth Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 122.
▪ Guilty pleas and convictions obtained by Donald Smaltz in cases involving charges of bribery and fraud against former Agriculture Secretary Mike Espy and associated individuals and businesses: 15; acquitted or overturned cases (including Espy): 6.
▪ Clinton machine crimes for which convictions were obtained: drug trafficking, 3; racketeering, extortion, bribery, 4; tax evasion, kickbacks, embezzlement, 2; fraud, 12; conspiracy, 5; fraudulent loans, illegal gifts, 1; illegal campaign contributions, 5; money laundering, 6; perjury, et al.
▪ Number of times that Clinton figures who testified in court or before Congress said that they didn't remember, didn't know, or something similar: Bill Kennedy, 116; Harold Ickes, 148; Ricki Seidman, 160; Bruce Lindsey, 161; Bill Burton, 191; Mark Gearan, 221; Mack McLarty, 233; Neil Egglseston, 250; John Podesta, 264; Jennifer O'Connor, 343; Dwight Holton 348; Patsy Thomasson, 420; Jeff Eller, 697; and Hillary Clinton, 250.
- Stealgate (leaving the White House with all the trimmings)
- Obstruction of Justice Gate(s)
And of course, according to HRC, she had no knowledge of or participated in any of what these lists expose.
W and his crew ain't no saints (they collectively probably play better than my beloved New Orleans Saints - I know, off topic but I'm always thinking about football season), but looking at these lists, it would take W another ten terms to get to the level of depravity visited upon this nation in the two terms by President Busy Pants and her husband.
Off With her Head!
We are not perfect. But as Rusty Humphries said last night, the US is the best of all bad governments.
Links to this post: