Thursday, March 30, 2006
Hire Illegals To Help Build A Fence!
Really. This idea is so stupid, it’s indecently brilliant. And it's certainly better than anything Congress has come-up with.
And the left would love it! This could be bigger than anything FDR did with the CCC and the TVA. How can the left argue with this?
Here’s how it can work:
- Hire any and all illegals to help build the fence/wall
- A five year competitive bid contract to a minority firm
- Five year enlistment/hire contracts
- Grant instant citizenship to anyone who helps build the wall and stays on the contract for the full five years
- Grant temporary work visas for the families of workers when wall is completed
- Surge in fence building materials (wood, cement, iron)
- Surge in support materials (wires, comm. Equipment)
- Surge in electrical needs/power generation for all areas of border (nuclear)
- Surge in Federal Employment – big fence/more guards
- Document and count illegals as you go - the more we hire, the more we count
- Condition of residency in US is you have to help build the wall
- Do the exact same thing to our border with Canada
The Downside: There is no downside! And as you build, you can stop more illegals coming in!
- Everyone wins
- Everyone works
- We get our wall
- Illegals get citizenship
The possibilities of this idea are endless. As Gomez Adams would say, ‘A Capital Idea!’
thereby downsizing some of the Federal Bureaucracy,
how about doing this:
Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border,
take the dirt and raise the levies in New Orleans
and put the Florida alligators in the moat.
Links to this post: